Don’t Fear Tooth Extractions
Though tooth extractions sound scary and painful, the procedure is actually relatively painless and low-risk. Plus, the recovery time is sooner than people think.
Exceptional Smiles will perform tooth extractions for a few reasons:
- A tooth is too decayed or broken
- Room needs to be created in the mouth
- A baby tooth is blocking an adult tooth from coming through
The Tooth Extraction Process
Tooth extractions are simple and straightforward. They only take a few minutes and are completed by one of our experienced dental specialists.
- The dentist or oral surgeon will have previously taken x-rays of the teeth and then will go over the process with you.
- The dentist will use a local numbing agent for the tooth, gum, and bone so you will feel no pain.
- In most cases, the dentist will remove the tooth using only applied pressure instead of surgery. You will feel only this pressure, not pain, as the tooth is removed.
The Recovery Process
After the procedure, you will be sent home with instructions on how to properly care for the extraction site. Some patients will need to cover the site with gauze while others will need some prescribed medicine.
As long as the mouth is kept clean, the gums should heal within a few weeks. Once they’re healed, you might be interested in filling the missing space with an implant, bridge, or denture.
Schedule Your Consultation with Exceptional Smiles
If you are in the Colorado Springs, CO area and are experiencing dental pain and think you might need a tooth extraction, make an appointment today!